This policy applies to the https://observatory.service.gov.au/ website, managed by the Digital Transformation Agency.
If you contact us via email or phone, or you complete a feedback or contact form on this site, we may collect the email address you provide and any other identifying information you include, such as a name or phone number.
Other than circumstances such as unlawful activity or serious threats to health and safety, we do not share personal information.
You may opt out of further contact from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information that you provide to us is not shared with any third party.
In the event that information must be shared with a third party to support a service that we offer to you, we will contact you first.
To improve your experience on our site, we use "cookies". Cookies are an industry standard and most major websites use them.
A cookie is a small text file that our site may place on your computer as a tool to remember your preferences.
To provide our news we use MailChimp, which provides online tools to create, send and manage emails.
MailChimp may collect personal information, such as distribution lists that contain email addresses, and other information relating to those email addresses.
We will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to the work of the Observatory
- measure email campaign performance
- improve the features for specific segments of customers
- evaluate your use of our website
- compile reports on website activity for website operators, and
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
MailChimp may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on MailChimp’s behalf.
MailChimp collects information about when you visit the website, when you use the services, your browser type and version, your operating system and other similar information.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia.
We are required to inform you that by subscribing to our eNewsletter:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
You can opt out of our mailing list if you choose the ‘unsubscribe’ service provided by MailChimp in every email, or contact DTA.
TRUSTe is an independent third party that operates a globally-recognised privacy trustmark.
This website uses the analytics tool Google Analytics. This service transmits website traffic data to Google servers, that may be located outside of Australia.
We do not transmit your contact information to these services.
At no cost you can:
- request access to personal information about you that we hold
- ask us to correct your personal information if you find that it is not accurate, up to date or complete
- make a complaint about our handling of your personal information
You can get in touch with us to make a request for information or a complaint.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
We undertake to respond within 30 days. If the request or complaint will take longer to resolve, we will provide you with a date by which we expect to respond.
You can send requests for information or complaints to email@example.com or call the DTA Information line on 02 6120 8707.
You can also send your request or complaint by post to Digital Transformation Agency, GPO Box 457, Canberra, ACT 2601.